ACM Ion Exchange Systems have proven to be a reliable and cost-effective method of removing dissolved heavy metals and salts from wastewater and producing high quality de-ionized water for recycling.
Basics of Ion Exchange
Deionization is one of the most efficient processes for removing ionic dissolved salts and minerals from water. Ion-exchange (IX) is the process of removing ionic compounds (contaminants) from a water or solvent stream by employing the greater affinity that a particular ion has for the resin than for remaining in solution. The result is “capture” of the ion on the resin. The resulting high purity water is used as a rinse or a product additive. When the capacity of the resin to hold a particular ion is reached, the resin is “exhausted.” Some designs call for single-use resin; others for the resin to be regenerated.
Benefits of Ion Exchange Technology
- Identify and remove specific ions while recovering upwards of 95% of your wastewater for re-use
- Treat your wastewater on an optimized 24/7 operation schedule with back-up resin beds
- Guarantee compliant discharge levels
- Get closer to having a zero liquid discharge (ZLD) facility
- Consistently remove contaminants, including totally dissolved solids
- Minimize labor costs associated with post production
- Prolong the life of your parts, machinery and chemicals
To learn more about the the industries and processes that benefit from water recycling through ion-exchange, visit our the Applications page.